Needing a map

The philosophy and otherwise irrelevant ramblings of a struggling poet.

Wednesday, December 18, 2002

All my life I have driven cars that were nothing short of big hunks of dung. Finally, about a year and a half ago, I got a 1990 VW Passat station wagon. Ok, so it's not the best car in the world, but it was in impeccable condition. I have been having problems with the brakes and the roads were slick yesterday, so I didn't drive it to work. I came home to find that someone had backed into my car and smashed in both of the driver's side doors.

SO, I now have another big hunk of dung.

It consistently amazes me that people are so rude as to not accept responsibility for their mistakes. They consistently justify any and every action in a myriad of ways and expect those of us who live responsibly to accept it. The really kicker is that we have to. There is nothing that I can do about my car. It's considered a hit and run, so my insurance doesn't cover it. And of course, no one saw anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home