Needing a map

The philosophy and otherwise irrelevant ramblings of a struggling poet.

Friday, May 30, 2003

Upon preparing for my trip, I discover that I need a new master cylinder, a new inner tie rod for the front passenger side of my car, new tires, an alignment, and a cell phone. The cell phone wasn't really a discovery, but it went well in the sentence. The master cylinder was replaced while Jessica and I went to Minnesota. $95. The tires were replaced last week. $130. I went to get the alignment done yesterday which was when I discovered that I need a new tie rod. That will have to be done Monday $180 (Tie rod and alignment combined.)

That leaves the cell phone. I'm not very good at math, but at first glance I can say that I've already spent $300 on my car, which means that I really don't have THAT much left to spend on getting ready for this trip. The plans for a cell phone cost around $29.99 a month, and the phones are fairly cheap, if not free, so I was pretty sure I could get this all accomplished fairly quickly. They do a credit check to see if there will be a deposit. I know there will be a deposit because I know I have bad credit for a few different reasons, some of those reasons my fault, some of them NOT my fault. However, I didn't expect the deposit to be $400 at one place and $750 at another. So, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get a cell phone for my trip, which is going to be a problem.

/sigh I hate planning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home