Needing a map

The philosophy and otherwise irrelevant ramblings of a struggling poet.

Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Don't get me wrong, I love my job. But some days, I come home exhausted. There are days when I want to give the children the whole world. Take all the problems from them put them in a box and throw them to the sun, and it drives me insane that I can't.

When they cry because Mom and Dad don't care whether or not they are in school, or really where they are when they aren't in school. When they cry because some insensitive guy or girl has broken their hearts. When life seems like it is not worth it and there are scrapes and cuts all down their arms. When there are burn marks on their hands, necks, arms. When it seems like they have no hope....That's when my job is hard.

They know they can talk to me. I won't tell people what they say, but when they start wanting suicide, I have to break that rule. And it's hard.

What do you say to a girl who doesn't want to live?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home