Needing a map

The philosophy and otherwise irrelevant ramblings of a struggling poet.

Friday, May 07, 2004

Self-doubt inflicts its pain on us all at some point. The key is to try not to whine about it. This is me not succeeding in that endeavor:

I wish to be better at remembering things...

List of things that I forgot to do today:

1. Deposit pay check
2. Pay phone bill
3. Pay Utility bill
4. something I was going to get at the store that I needed earlier, but I don't know what it is now
5. Bring food home from work
6. (last night actually) put milk in the refrigerator after buying it.
7. Other miscellaneous things that are important, but that I can't remember at the moment.

Sometimes I realize that writing is a necessary part of my life, but unfortunately, so is working and I can't seem to get both done at once. Work interferes and controls all parts of my brain. Everyting melds together in a whirlpool rush and I wake up every Saturday morning watching all of it go down the drain as I prepare for the 10 hour hell of a floral shop. Cleaning out the coolers, listening to people complain. Hearing everything that everyone says so succinctly and then forgetting the importance and the ramifications of it. All food for the pen gone the way of the left out milk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home