Needing a map

The philosophy and otherwise irrelevant ramblings of a struggling poet.

Thursday, July 29, 2004

I pondered through some of my poetry last night.  I was told I need to put a few more on here.  I haven't been turning much out of late, and I haven't really felt much confidence in what I have turned out.  I should qualify that statement (for those of you who get upset when I self-depricate regarding my writing) by saying that it's not that I don't believe I'm a good writer, but that I know that what I'm writing right now is not for public spectacle.  It's more private in nature and more reflective and emotionally productive, as opposed to ... hmmm... how shall I describe that... I guess it's that I feel that what comes out onto my paper at the moment is more muddled and about my emotions of the past year than good quality, publishable work.  Much of it is personal and private in nature.

I've always said that I write better in NY than I do anywhere.  I haven't been to NY for a while.  Somehow, Missouri isn't working for the writing at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home