Needing a map

The philosophy and otherwise irrelevant ramblings of a struggling poet.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

I wrote something yesterday.

Something about lines and metaphors and overuse, and feelings. Nothing that really spoke to me, or really that would speak to anyone else, I feel, but perhaps in that it is overused, it could be used.

Anyone who is fairly familiar with my writing will know that I strive to make it real. I see no point in creating something that cannot be understood by everyone who picks it up.

Maybe that's the problem right now. Perhaps everything is just a bit to complex for simple words. The images in my brain don't relate themselves well to symbols on a paper that represent sounds that can be spoken...

Perhaps, (an overused referrence, but an obscure one) I should go back to fingerpainting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home