Needing a map

The philosophy and otherwise irrelevant ramblings of a struggling poet.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

I've been trying to make my life unbusy... with limited success really. It's not easy to make things unbusy when it's a part of who you are. I think even if I didn't have a job at all, I'd find something to make myself busy. I hate to sit still and stagnate. My mother is the same way. At some point, my father said to me "your mother would feel better if she didn't have such a sedentary lifestyle." Obviously he hadn't seen my mother's house lately. My mother has a garden that is probably about 1/4 of an acre. She also has about 40 yorkies. She has built a couple of kennels for them and takes care of them all the time. She always has some project or another going... whether it's the flower gardens or the dogs, she's always busy in some way.

I'm probably going to be the same way. I can actually see myself in another 20 years with a house on a huge plot of land somewhere getting up at 6:00 every morning just to take care of the garden and the animals.

One thing I really liked about the movie Minority Report was the greenhouse. I'm sure I could have picked other things to like, but I really liked the greenhouse. The plants were neat. They were sentient and they were protective of a woman who didn't want to be found. Deadly, but beautiful at the same time, and, although they were not indestructible, once they had attacked...there was very little chance that you would get out alive. I think I would like to have a greenhouse like that, but I wouldn't know how to create the plants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home