Needing a map

The philosophy and otherwise irrelevant ramblings of a struggling poet.

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

While talking with a friend last night, I realized that my train of thought has turned into something more like a magical shuttle bus. Kinda like "The Magic School Bus," complete with me as Miss Frizzle. (I think that's her name.) You get on, the doors close, I push the buttons and presto, we are at one of any number of odd stations in my mind.

Now to present the odd stations to you, I shall use a format I've stolen from my beautiful friend Lisa--A list of first sentences:

1. Long before Cinderella crashed the ball, little girls dreamed of finding the perfect prince.

2. Some days it's not about the number at all.

3. Some mothers are the bane of the Devil, and should be locked in a room with an exact replica of themselves just so they can see how it feels. (Keep in mind that I'm not actually refering to my own mother in this instance. She's usually ok.

4. Brownies

5. I really hate it when people feel the need to bang their heads against some hard object and then find if funny and laugh hysterically because they are causing pain and it's "cool."

6. Why is it that a carreer in education pays less than a carreer in mechanics?

7. If we paid teachers what they are worth, would they try harder to reach more kids?

Those are the basics, and I may choose one to follow up on in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home