Needing a map

The philosophy and otherwise irrelevant ramblings of a struggling poet.

Monday, September 20, 2004

Contemplating Completeness

In the last year I've had a lot of things in my life change. I have had a lot of realizations and a lot of things have been completely different from how I thought they would end. My personal progress was recently pushed into the limelight by meeting some new people and seeing myself reflected in the mind of someone who didn't know the weakness and pain I had been in the last year.

Last night was another realization. While talking to someone I hadn't seen in months, and discussing where I am now in relation to where I was then, I realized more progress and some transferrences.

I'm much stronger now. But I still have some of the same pitfalls. I think the biggest difference is now I have boundaries. I know that I want to help people. It's such a big part of who I am, that I wouldn't be happy without it. But I have learned to set boundaries and limit what others can control in me. I've learned that my life isn't the last thing on my priority list.

Reflection is such a versatile word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home