Needing a map

The philosophy and otherwise irrelevant ramblings of a struggling poet.

Sunday, August 10, 2003

Ok, Ok, Ok. New poetry.

I can give a quick lesson on the references in this piece if anyone needs it. So, if you are confused about the reference to the angel, and the blessing, just let me know and I'll give you a bit of Bible history.

Here it is. Please use my comment system freely for comments and critiques.

Mother, I fought the angel again last night
The one who gives me my blessing
Wrestled all night in my sleep
Negotiating peace
Lines of trust.
Twisting in his grasp.
I fought the angel last night
My bought birthright.
My youngest daughter’s curse.
Mother, I fought the angel again last night
The one who curses my wandering
Held tight to his heel as I had before.
Mother, I woke again
Limping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home